Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas gift idea #1

So since I have been making a few christmas gifts for my dad inspired by the Dodgers of course I figured I would post about them and share them on here. Now I know I am nowhere near a professional and these gifts are not going to be the BEST but the thing that counts is the thought and that I tried.

My first present that I made is a canvas that I painted myself. I have literally had this canvas for over a year and could not decide what to paint on it. That is until one day while I was searching the web for some Dodgers quotes I found one that I fell in love with. It was a quote that was said by Tommy Lasorda to a fan. The quote is "I say this from the bottom of my heart that if you do not root for the Dodgers, then you might not get into Heaven." Once I saw this I knew exactly what I needed to paint on the canvas.

Now this is supposed to be a gift to my dad from me but I love how it turned out so much that I am beginning to think that it might end up being a gift to the two of us from Santa.

Here is a picture of the canvas before, during and after it was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment