Monday, December 3, 2012

Going Crazy

So I don't know about the rest of you but for me the offseason is the worst. I feel like I am dying without being able to turn my TV and Radio on to hear a Dodgers game or any baseball game for that matter. When you life consists of baseball 24/7 the offseason is a hard time, and April can not come soon enough!

Even though there have been no games to watch there is still news to keep the fans updated and close to their teams. Every day I find myself checker for the lastest Dodgers news, but I have yet to hear the news that I want. My biggest fear right now is about the Dodgers pitcher Chad Billingsley and whether or not hes going to be able to have a 2013 season.

Last season Billingsley ended his season when he tore a ligament in his elbow. He then proceeded to have to injections into it which are supposed to help with the pain and prevent surgery. After having those injections the wait was on to see if they would help or to see if further measures such as surgery needed to be taken. Now it turns out that if surgery is needed then Billingsley will be out for the entire 2013 season. To me this would be devastating because not only is he my favorite player but he is also a vital role in the pitching staff.

There has not been any for sure news given except that Billingsley was able to throw a few pitches without pain. This is a good sign and gives hope that he will be able to participate in the upcoming season. 

Another good sign is a quote from his agent, "It looks like he's going to be ready for the 2013 season.

Lets hope that this is true and that we will be seeing him back to his old self of getting the W's that he works so hard to get. Bring on the 2013 season!

No comments:

Post a Comment